Friday 16 March 2007

Sitting on the top deck at the back of the bus, trying to time when I should start putting my back pack on and pick up my guitar to coincide perfectly with the bus stopping at my stop. I leave it too late. I panic, and fumble around, trying to wrench the back pack over my shoulders and nearly drop my guitar falling down the bus. As I stumble awkwardly down the steps, a look of exasperation on my stupid face, a group of young girls I've had the pleasure of sitting with throughout my journey are literally ending themselves laughing. It wouldn't surprise me if they are still laughing now, all the way to bathgate.

I was on my way back from a recording session at Live Rehearsals, putting down tracks for three new songs me and Matthew plan to unveil to the world. It was a success. The songs I feel are well written, and well rehearsed. It will be great to hear them when they are finished. This is all leading towards an ideal that is a bit long winded and complicated to explain, but should become clear over the coming months. Basically we are trying to formulate a new band but are going about it in a back-to-front way. It is just the two of us still (but not for long) and we don't have a name, but I am confident things will work themselves out if we try...

The Spacial Entrepreneurs are not forgotten about. There are still things I want people to hear and see from that band. I said on our myspace that we would have alternate material and videos on the site by the end of January...but we have been too engrossed in our new project to find the passion to do that unfortunately. It will be much easier to release some retrospective work when we have already forged something new succesfully...part of the whole idea of breaking up that band was to force us to move forward...so what I am saying is, for fans of that band, there is still more to come, but there might be a little wait whilst we get our new project together...then when we are reasonably satisfied with that we can once again begin to cast our minds back...

Davey and the Dubsons (please let it be a working title!) is doing well. We are almost in a position to play live - some fine tweaking and we are there. We have recordings which we may begin to circulate soon to help gather interest in the band. Getting some people liking us will help give us some clout when it comes to booking gigs - if we can say people will come to see us then it gives us much more bargaining power. It's all about marketing these days - you're songs can be rubbish as long as you are a hard working salesman. 'Spose I'd better go get that business degree...

1 comment:

Dougleross said...

Davey and the Dubsons for the win! Thats an amazing name!

Also - I totally share your experience on teh bus. Getting up at the right time is stressful. Why am I afraid of standing beside the driver for 30 seconds? Why am I so lazy as to try to sit for a few more precious moments?